- ACE inhibitors and ARBS not linked to COVID-19 infection or severity
Three observational studies published in NEJM last week found no evidence that use of ACE inhibitors or ARB blockers increase the risk of COVID-19 infection, severity, or death.
- Effective treatment of severe COVID-19 patients with tocilizumab
Patients diagnosed as severe or critical COVID-19 in The First Affiliated Hospital of University of Science and Technology of China (Anhui Provincial Hospital) and Anhui Fuyang Second People's Hospital were given tocilizumab in addition to routine therapy between 5 and 14 February 2020. Preliminary data show that tocilizumab, which improved the clinical outcome immediately in severe and critical COVID-19 patients, is an effective treatment to reduce mortality.
- Insight into FDA’s Revised Policy on Antibody Tests: Prioritizing Access and Accuracy
A revised policy from FDA has outlined the following expectations for antibody test developers:
- Commercial manufacturers will submit EUA requests, with their validation data, within 10 business days from the date they notified the FDA of their validation testing OR from the date of this policy, whichever is later.
- FDA has provided specific performance threshold recommendations for specificity and sensitivity for all serology test developers.